Monday 24 October 2011

'Credible & Incredible' Supplier of the Week - I Heart Buttons

This week I am delighted to introduce you to a company that I have had the pleasure of getting to know quite well over the past few months.  The Lovely Lesa and her gorgeous designs have to be seen to be truly appreciated.  When Lesa donated a bouquet as a prize for our first Wedding Fayre back in June I absolutely fell in love with her work, creativity and exceptional attention to detail.  It is therefore with lots of love that I introduce this weeks 'Credible & Incredible' Supplier of the Week - I Heart Buttons...


Where did the company name come from?
I had a few other names I had thought of, but they were taken. Was doodling and drew an ‘I’, a ‘heart’ and then a ‘button’ and there it was.

How do you come up with your designs/what influences you?
I get ideas from everything around me.  It may just be a flash of an idea and then the more I think about it, the more I can let my imagination go.  My Summers Day bouquet started off when my kids were running from a bee on a hot summers day. My “Step back in Time” bouquet came from some green velvet material I saw in a shop.

 

What would you call your ‘style’?
Funky, quirky and sometimes loud.  Customers have said they love my bouquets as they are so out of the ordinary and not in a traditional style.

 

What is currently your favourite design?
I am designing it at the moment! My next bouquet will be something very different and I cannot wait to start it and then show you all.  I don’t think you would have seen one like it before.  I also loved my Red & Blue, I Love You bouquet as the Red and Blue really did it for me. Was sad to see that one go.

 

Who inspires you?
Being honest, it is more “things” that inspire me than any person.

If you could design a button piece for anyone in the world who would it be and what would you create?
As you know Sue, I LOVE Betty Boop (a love that I heart Buttons shares with Ice the Cake). So it would be a very glamorous style of bouquet in red and black with lots of sparkly heart buttons.

 

What is your greatest achievement?
I think opening my shop at the end of August has been the greatest achievement. Having only started out the business earlier this year, I sometimes can’t believe how well it’s going already. I can’t wait until next year!  I have also arranged a photoshoot which is taking place this coming Sunday – that was hard work too!  Oh, and not far behind that would be becoming a semi finalist for your 2011 Awards. Was over the moon to have made it to the semi finals.

Tell us about your fabulous boutique…
My shop opened on 31 August. Even while I was setting it up I had a lady come in who loved my bouquets and within 3 weeks had placed a bridal order.  I have all my bouquets on display in my glass cabinet and I am mostly creating when I am in the shop and that really seems to draw people in.


If you weren’t doing this job what do you think you would be doing?
Coming from a legal background, and moving to the Isle of Wight from London 2 years ago, I would probably have gone back to an office. Or, of course, M&S as the staff discounts are great!

How do you spend your time when you are not working?
Looking after my 2 and 3 year old. My husband works in London for his job so it’s just us 3 a lot of the time. My free time is in the evenings when I can catch up on all the tv my husband hates such as Eastenders, Big Brother.  And even then am usually bouquet making as I can do both at the same time. I also love driving my car. She is my third baby!


Do you have a current special offer for Ice the Cake readers?
I sure do! Take 10% off any of my current bouquets for sale or if you would like me to create you something spectacular for your wedding day, I will give you 10% off a bespoke order.

A Message from Lesa...
I have a fabulous new bouquet in the making. It will be truly gorgeous and original. I cannot wait to share it with you.  And if you are visiting the Isle of Wight in the coming future, pop in and say hi.

To Contact I Heart Buttons go to:
Email:  enquiry@iheartbuttons.co.uk
Tel:  07956 272983
Visit their shop:  23 The Lanes, Royal Arcade, Union Street, Ryde, Isle of Wight  PO33 2LQ

No comments:

Popular Posts