Thursday 6 December 2012

Today It's All About the Man in Red...

I have known Tim for almost as long as I have been running Ice the Cake.  I was lucky enough to find him just before I ran my first Wedding Fair back in June 2011.  He was an absolute gem on the day, supporting me and helping me to organise everything.  Since then he's assisted me with both of our awards ceremonies, as well as countless events, including our huge Wedding Show in September 2012.

He is friendly, approachable and very good at his job, managing to seamlessly co-ordinate requirements without being intrusive or forceful in his manner.  I have the utmost respect for him and the incredible service he provides and today it is my absolute pleasure to introduce you to the Man in Red...  Timothy Lee Toastmaster

Who is Timothy Lee?
I am married with 2 grown up girls of 22 and 19, and live with my family (including spinger spaniel 'Thor') in Tylers Green Nr High Wycombe.

As a project/programme manager with a major Financial Services Group during the week, I qualified as a Toastmaster in April 2002 following a course with the UK School of Professional Toastmaster. Since then I have officiated at numerous weddings, Masonic Ladies Nights, Formal Dinners and fund raising events as well as acting as Master of Ceremonies at Corporate functions.

I am a Governor at Sir William Ramsay School in Hazlemere Nr High Wycombe where i am chair of the Finance Committee as well as being on the Estates and Marketing committees. An active Mason I am currently the Provincial Grand Treasuer for the Masonic Province of Berkshire a position I have held for 3 years .

I am a founder member of the Association of the UK School of Professional Toastmasters and was previously there Treasurer for over 6 years. The association now has over 50 members across the whole of the UK

What made you decide to become a Toastmaster & when did you start?
I have been to many functions where Toastmasters have been in attendance and always felt that would be something I could do in my spare time and full time once I retire from the 'day job'

What is the best part of your job?
He best part is being able to be part of so many peoples special occasions

What is the worst part of your job?
Working to 1 or 2am in the morning and then having to travel home

What would you call your ‘style’?
Friendly formality

 

Do you have any qualifications?
I am a Graduate of the UK School of Professional Toastmasters following a weeks course with then in April 2002

Who inspires you?
Richard Branson (Virgin Group) & Steve Jobs dec'd (Ex CEO Apple)

If you could be Toastmaster for anyone or any event in the world who/what would it be?
I would like to work full time as a Toastmaster in venues across the UK and Internationally (particularly the USA and Australia). I would also like to get more involved in the Corporate entertainments area working as an MC at conferences. I especially like doing charity auctions and raising money for charitable purposes. I suppose be able to give up the 'day job'


What is your greatest achievement?
Being Toastmaster at the wedding of Dennis Wise , ex Chelsea Captain and England International player where Vinny Jones was best man

If you weren’t doing this job what do you think you would be doing?
An events organiser

How do you spend your time when you are not working?
Always working either the day job or my many other interests. I do however enjoy family time, gardening and travel

A Message from Tim...
I have 10 years experience of Weddings, and all types of formal functions as a Toastmaster and Master of Ceremonies. I will be pleased to work with clients to create the occasion of there dreams with as much or as little formality as suits there requirements. Every function is unique and I can use my experience to help make you memories special


No comments:

Popular Posts