Friday 8 June 2012

Stylish Cream and Black Flowers - Signature Flowers by Emma Newman - Day 5

Guest Blogger - Emma Newman

Another early morning, today receiving a delivery of wedding flowers I ordered just over two weeks ago, they had to be delivered as I also had some additional bay trees which wont fit in my car!!

The flowers all look gorgeous once they are conditioned, and I set to work straight away.  The brides chosen creams and blacks as her colours, so I have a studio full of hydrangeas, gerberas, roses and lisianthus, as well as some fantastic foliages.

Photography Credit: Frank Millar Photography
I make a pair of matching pedestals, these will be used a the ceremony and then moved to the reception by two very well briefed ushers, I'm very protective if I don't move things myself. Next is the registrars table arrangement, which is also dual purpose, it becomes the top table arrangement, this has lots of trailing grasses and ivy to create quite a dramatic effect, as this floral decoration will be in a lot of important pictures.  The bride has chosen not to have flowers on the tables, instead vintage suitcases and accessories including black and white photos and table numbers.
Photography Credit: Frank Millar Photography

At lunch time I do some office work, order flowers for Mondays work and some new glass ware, and chat to the fabulous Sue Page from Ice the Cake about the up coming photo shoot, with an enchanted nature theme, it sounds fab, and I cant wait to collaborate with some more Ice the Cake suppliers!

After lunch I deliver a whole car load of flowers to a bride and her Mum (a retired florist) who are doing their own flowers, they have a LOT of flowers to work with ... I hope they have enough jam jars! They are so grateful I sourced the flowers and promise to send photos after the wedding.

Photography Credit: Frank Millar Photography

When back I start on the bridesmaids bouquets for tomorrows wedding, they having simple handtied of Gerberas with a black ribbon collar.  Once they are all made (there are 4) they are stored in buckets of fresh water and misted.  They will be 'finished' first thing in the morning before delivery.

The brides bouquet is next, shes having an all cream and white bouquet with a tiny amount of foliages and it will be 'finished' with black satin and pearl detailing.  The last thing I make is the buttonholes as these are out of water I always do them last!  The Groom wanted something simple so they have cream roses to match the bridal bouquet.  These are all labelled up for delivery and the box is wrapped for bridal flowers. The 'finishing' of the bouquets will be done in the morning before delivery, this means checking all the flowers, drying the stems, putting the ribbon on and adding any details. Lets hope she likes them!

Thanks for taking the time to read the blog this week, its been great fun keeping you informed of what I do, its not all pretty flowers, sometimes its yucky buckets and dealing with upset customers but I wouldn't have it any other way, I love the variety and I'm always meeting new people!


Thank you Emma for sharing your fantastic work - I have to say that until recently I had no idea florists had to be up in the middle of the night to get to the wholesalers - shows how much I know!  Also, it's great to see that and idea from a photo shoot back at the beginning of the year is now actually taking place for someone's real life wedding.  It's great to see the inspiration taking shape!

If you like what you've read this week and would like more information about hiring Emma for your wedding or special occasion please find her contact details below:

Location: Buckinghamshire/Oxfordshire
Telephone: 07894283255
Email: info@signature-flowers.co.uk
Website: www.signature-flowers.co.uk

Next week - it's all about the music... Have a great weekend xx

No comments:

Popular Posts