Thursday 7 June 2012

Today it's 'Back to School' - Signature Flowers by Emma Newman - Day 4

Guest Blogger - Emma Newman

It feels like I'm getting ready to go on Blue Peter, double sided tape, bright ribbon and yoghurt pots at the ready, I'm off to see the local school's reception class, to talk to them about my job, and to make a small posy with them.  I've pre cut nearly all the flower materials, and soaked the oasis, and the children are all bringing a yoghurt pot.  I do it step by step, and finish letting them choose a colour ribbon and writing a card!  The teacher deserves a medal I'm there three hours and feel like a nap when I come home! No chance!
Credit: Tamara Kuzminski Photography  

I have four orders to make up for delivery and flowers to create for a photo shoot tomorrow afternoon! First to the wholesalers for flowers, I try not to go every day, but also to go regularly enough to keep a good stock turnover, and keep getting new things in particularly seasonal flowers, I just love the summer stuff, beautiful stocks, peonies and delphiniums!  Amazing colours and scents.  The items for the photo shoot are ordered, as its been styled by wedding planner Darling Belle Events, but I have pretty much free range for the orders which is great, I can be more creative and more often or not you get better value for money this way.


Credit: Tamara Kuzminski Photography

My Mum is a fab delivery driver and free, so she takes out the afternoons orders, two in the village and two in Aylesbury, different sides mind you! Mum doing this gives me time to get on with the shoot flowers, I'm so excited its a rainbow themed wedding shoot, and the mood board supplied by Amanda at Darling Belle Events had my brain over flowing with fab ideas, heres some images of what I created, captured by the fantastic........... I love the vintage feel, mixed with bright colours, it proves it can be done!!

Credit: Tamara Kuzminski Photography

The evening is a painting one, the suns out so with a glass of white wine (large if your wondering) I head with my water colours to the patio.  Once a bride has paid the deposit for her wedding, I do her an artists impression, this saves making a sample bouquet which is costly, and along with sample stems of her chosen flowers is a unique part of my service, which brides really seem to appreciate.  Heres one I did a few weeks ago, with the actual bouquet next to it, to give you an idea.

Contact Signature Flowers by Emma Newman:
Location: Buckinghamshire
Telephone: 07894283255
Email: info@signature-flowers.co.uk
Website: www.signature-flowers.co.uk







No comments:

Popular Posts