Thursday 8 December 2011

Christmas Treats for 8th December - Kate Lewis Design


A bit of background on your company

Kate Lewis Design is, unsurprisingly, the creation of me ~ Kate Lewis, a designer & illustrator with a background in fashion and gifts. I began in October 2009, making Wedding Stationery that is not only beautiful but also has the diversity to allow you to personalise your big day right from the word go.



Since 2009 I have seen my business grow and it seemed only natural to take my designs into the big scary world of greeting cards! I have been selling my cards locally through a gorgeous gift shop called Mootiful Gifts for over a year, which has been overwhelmingly successful. I launched my online shop ~ www.klhandmadecards.co.uk ~ last month which is getting more popular by the day. A very exciting time for me!




Where are you based?

I am based in Macclesfield, Cheshire, but sell nationwide through my websites.


 


What types of gifts do you make?

I design & make greeting cards for every occasion, all of which can be personalised and brought to life with the sparkliest glitter! I also sell handmade Christmas decorations which is a great escape from the printers for me!


With my background in the gift industry I am itching to expand into gifts but need to get Christmas out of the way first! I have plenty of ideas up my spotty little sleeves, so watch this space!




What is your greatest achievement so far?

I’m incredibly proud of how much Kate Lewis Design has achieved in just a few years. To have 2 website selling sparkly stationery & cards is more than I could have imagined when I began this journey on my kitchen table! Last year I made it into the top 100 Businesses in the ‘Barclays Trading Places Award 2010’ which was an amazing achievement for me as such a young company. My most recent achievement is from the very fantastic Ice The Cake who presented me with a “Special Recognition” at their recent awards, a fantastic achievement for Kate Lewis Design!




What do you have available for Christmas?

I have over 20 Christmas card designs ranging from the adorably cute Christmassy fairies & elves to the festive fabric appliqué designs from presents to puddings! I even have a card that you (or your children!) can leave for Santa on Christmas Eve…….well why should he miss out!!


I also have handmade decorations ranging from sewn felt stars with sequins, ribbon and buttons to the sparkliest beautiful butterflies!


  


How can people get in touch with you?

The best way to see my work is through my websites:

WEDDING STATIONERY: www.katelewisdesign.co.uk


Or you can email me: kate@katelewisdesign.co.uk

Or give me a call on: 07805 713328



You can also find me on Twitter @katelewisdesign

And on Facebook katelewisdesign1


  


What do you love about Christmas?

I love EVERYTHING about Christmas! Anyone who knows me can vouch that I am always covered in glitter and this is the one time of year that I actually fit in!! I love the excitement, the glitter, the magic, the food & drink, the tree, the decorations and of course the time spent with family & friends.




Any other comments…

I’d just like to say a huge thank you to Sue for her continued support!
Also as a little Christmas treat I’d like to offer 15% discount off any Christmas cards ordered before 20th December 2011! Just type in the code ITCXMAS15

HAPPY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!

Love Kate x 

 

To see Kate's wonderful work in person pop down to Puss Bank School, Barracks Lane, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 1QJ between 3pm-4.30pm tomorrow (Friday 9th December).

No comments:

Popular Posts