Friday 9 December 2011

Christmas Treats for 9th December - Beckis Bits & Bobs


Introducing Becki's Bits & Bobs...
 
Why I started: My friend and I came up with the idea of clothes customisation, however she had to back out for personal reasons, and I was left with this idea that had potential, but wasn't sure what to do with. I started looking into other handmade custom ideas and quickly found that making jewellery was something that came quite naturally to me. I left behind the clothes customisation idea, as I was much better at jewellery, and it is easier for the customer.

What I do: I create custom handmade jewellery and accessories - I started with clay, plastic and beads, and I have recently started working with silver and gold too. I like to try to accomodate for everyone - and my custom designs will almost always cost around the same price as stock designs, as I work on a time spent / material cost basis.



Where are you based?
Portsmouth, Hampshire.

What types of gifts do you make?
Jewellery and Accessories: Necklaces, Earrings, Bracelets (Charm and plaited), Badges/Brooches, Keyrings, Phone Charms, Rings, Hairclips/Slides, Tiara's, Cufflinks.
All my items can be customised, and I love to create totally custom orders too!



What is your greatest achievement so far?
Within my business: Probably my first gold order, which was a charm for a wedding present: http://beckisbitsandbobs.co.uk/images/gold-bb-charm-testimonials.JPG  it took quite a while to make, but I learnt a lot, and the customer was super happy with it too! Although I would say that this page: http://beckisbitsandbobs.co.uk/testimonials.php shows my greatest achievements – getting it right for my customers will always feel amazing, so I love it when I hear back from them – makes me feel very proud. :)



What do you have available for Christmas?
Anything and everything (as far as time permits!) - All the designs on my website, plus anything you can think of for a custom order. I have quite a few collections that are inspired by TV shows or books etc which are quite popular, (Doctor Who and Harry Potter) and I also do photo jewellery and accessories, which is great as a unique present.

How can people get in touch with you?
You can email me: workshop@beckisbitsandbobs.co.uk,comment on my facebook
page: http://www.facebook.com/beckisbitsandbobs  or tweet at me:
www.twitter.com/beckisbitsbobs



What do you love about Christmas?
The feeling of being able to just stay at home and relax, and watch movies on TV without worrying about things that I should be getting on with!


Do you currently have any special offers?
I'm running a special offer on my facebook page for free postage:
http://www.facebook.com/beckisbitsandbobs/posts/299181840110932 and I'm also running the advent calendar on my website too: beckisbitsandbobs.co.uk/advent-calender-2011.php - where you can be in with a chance of winning £25 worth of my jewellery. The first few boxes have already been re-closed, but everything will be open again on the 25th December.


Any other comments…
Just that for me, Christmas is about helping each other out – I truly believe that you should shop handmade and local and help out the small businesses while getting an awesome, and usually totally unique, present that has been made with care and love.

No comments:

Popular Posts