Tuesday 6 December 2011

Christmas Treats for 6th December - Engrave-a-Lot


Who is Engrave-a-Lot?
Engrave-a-Lot is a brand new small business I have set up myself after being made redundant.  It was formed in Jan 2011 but has really only been running since July 2011.  I carry out all the hand engraving myself in a shed in my back garden, and I really am a one woman band!  From sourcing new products to engrave, to thinking of new designs, marketing, accounts and making the tea is all my own work!



Where are you based?
I am based in Welham Green a small village near Potters Bar in Hertfordshire, however most of my engravings are posted out to clients who can be anywhere in the country.  I am still waiting for my first international buyer! - We hope you don't have to wait too long!


What types of gifts do you make?
I engrave pretty much anything made of glass from decanters to wine glasses and photo frames to coffee mugs and because the engravings are individual & personal they make ideal gifts that show you have put some thought into a present and not just recycled some smellies! My range of glassware covers all budgets from just £5 to £100!




What is your greatest achievement so far?
To date my largest single order was for a company who had 200 glasses from me to commemorate a royal visit, each of their employees was given either a champagne flute, whiskey glass or pint tankard and the company even sent one to the royal visitor afterwards as a thank you present for him!  My biggest achievement however is more to do with my own development, getting the business up and running, dealing with the unexpected issues that crop up and enjoying what I do every day!


What do you have available for Christmas?
From very elegant large glass baubles with T lights inside to chunky glass Father Christmas Faces that the children love, I have developed a range of Christmas decorations that are all hand engraved with either patterns or messages.  Most can be personalised with names and are truly unique, as each item is engraved by hand no two items are ever exactly the same even without names added, and they make your tree look stunning.



How can people get in touch with you?
I have a website where items can be bought directly via the online shop, or call / email me to discuss personal requirements in more detail, I am only too happy to talk people through the options.  Website:  www.engrave-a-lot.co.uk  Tel: 01707 269269 / 07862 721261  email: philippa@engrave-a-lot.co.uk  I also have a facebook page (Engrave-a-lot)  and I am on twitter as @engrave_a_lot


What do you love about Christmas?
Family and friends is what Christmas is all about for me.  To be able to spend dedicated days just being together without the pressure of having to rush off to work, school, shopping, no activities that my son needs to attend etc etc.  It is a time where we can just relax without feeling guilty about not doing anything constructive!!  Good old fashioned quality time together!  Ahhhh.


A Message from Philippa...
Although I am concentrating on Christmas at the moment, a lot of my work is suitable to give as wedding presents and as gifts for grooms men / bridesmaids etc.  My glass bauble T light holders make gorgeous room decorations and can be engraved with the name of the bride and groom / date making lovely keepsakes!  So remember a gift of glass is not just for Christmas!

No comments:

Popular Posts